Install the P1 meter on your smart meter
1. Place the P1 meter in the P1 port on your smart meter
2. Pulsing white (factory mode)
If the P1 meter is powered by the Smart meter, it will now start flashing white.
Netherlands: if you have an older version smart meter, you may require to connect the P1 meter with a power adapter set (excl.) for the P1 meter to turn on.
3. Activate pairing mode
Hold the button on the P1 meter, until the P1 meter starts flashing blue. Pairing mode has now been activated.
Download the Energy app
Search for "HomeWizard Energy" in the App- or Playstore, or click the links below to download the correct app for your device.
Click to download
Follow the steps in the app, or read below.
Create HomeWizard online account
Open the HomeWizard Energy app, tap Next to start the installation proces.
Enter your e-mail address and press Next
Tap Create account or enter your HomeWizard account Password
Enter a name for your 'Home'
Set the location for your 'Home'. You will be asked to grant permission to use your location. This data will only be saved once to authorise the installation and for the Wi-Fi setup of the P1 meter (reading Wi-Fi data requires location acces).
App setup is now completed
Adding the P1 meter
Press Add a device > P1 meter > Begin setup
Ensure that your P1 meter is still blinking blue (pairing mode)
iOS 13+ /Android 10+: You will automatically be prompted to connect the the 'P1meterSetup' network. Confirm and continue to Select your Wi-Fi below.
Android 9 or lower:
1. Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your phone and connect to the Wi-Fi network: P1meterSetup
2. Enter the password: SetupPass
3. Go back to the Energy app after succesfully connecting to the network. You might see ''No internet connection available''. This can be ignored, as you have now connected your phone to the Wi-Fi network of the P1 meter, which currently has no internet.
Select your Wi-Fi
Select your Wi-Fi network from the list and enter your Wi-Fi password. Press continue. The P1 meter will now connect to your Wi-Fi network.
When successful the P1 meter status will turn green, and you will be guided to the App home screen.